If you are reading this, you probably just bought a balance board or you are thinking to do so. Either way- Here's a little guide for you! :)
BEFORE GETTING STARTED
- It takes approximately 15-30 min to fully understand the balance board and how it works;
- For safety make sure that there are no sharp or fragile objects near you;
- When starting to try the balance board, put a gymnastics mat underneath it for higher resistance – there will be less board movement and it will be more stable;
- For better balance, try the first times against a Swedish wall, windowsill, higher table or anything else for reducing the risk of falling;
- If you are not sure about the safety or accuracy of the exercises you are doing, consult a physiotherapist.
TO GET STARTED
- Place your balance board on a stable and horizontal surface.
- Put your first foot one the side which is lying on the ground.
- Put your other foot on the other side.
- Slightly bend your knees, straighten your poisture.
- Slowly try to tranfer your torso over the roller.
- Repeat this process as many times needed till you start finding the balance.
- Enjoy balancing!
- When ready to stop, slowly roll over to one side and put the board on the ground.
Author: Silvestrs Piekūns | Physiotherapist